Saturday 6 October 2012

Pink Sapphire - Barry M

Hello :-)

After finding out Barry M have released new polishes I couldn't wait to go and buy some! Especially as there were new glitters. Superdrug did a great deal: buy 2 products and get a nail effect free (either Black Croc or the Orange Web). When I first heard about the Web effect I thought it sounded quite cool, but I'm glad I didn't choose it as I've seen the effects which are disappointing! I chose 2 of the new glitters; Amethyst, Pink Sapphire and Black Croc effect as my freebie.


Bursting with excitement, I applied Pink Sapphire over one coat of Strawberry Ice Cream by Barry M. As it was only one coat it was not opaque, but I simply couldn't wait for another one! Like many glitters, I couldn't apply it by swiping the brush along like normal polish, so I had to dab it on. A lot of glitter applied with one brush load, and 2/3 covered the nail well.



I adore this glitter, the silver bars works brilliantly with the pink and silver hexagrams -  There is even very fine pink glitter too! I finished with a topcoat, although it didn't have the normal glitter roughness, I just wanted to make it extra shiny!

The next day I decided to add another glitter coat, but I could of happily left it with one coat. I think that one coat is more subtle, whereas two coats is just...


Wow! It really made a difference with two coats! Application was the same on the second coat, and I can honesty say this is one of my favourite glitters EVER!



I also found that applying one coat of glitter, adding a topcoat, then adding another glitter layer (and topcoat) created a brilliant layered effect. I'm not sure if this is visible in the pictures, but I'd definitely recommend doing it!

I love this pink combination, and I can't wait to use my Amethyst glitter and the Black Croc too! I am also going to experiment with Pink Sapphire over a black and darker polishes. I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of taking this off, but it's so beautiful I can't moan!

What do you think? :-)

2 comments:

  1. These two look so awesome together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to try the glitter over a darker colour too - I'm sure it would look brilliant over any colour!!

      Delete