Saturday 6 October 2012

Pompous - Rimmel London

Following my horrible broken nail, here is Pompous by Rimmel London. I have had this for a good year or two so I have no idea if it is still available!


I was quite excited to see this on my nails, as I thought the colour in the bottle looked gorgeous. I expected it to be a bit more of a rich purple but it has more shimmer in it than I thought.


It says "Xpress Brush 1 Sec Application" however I used 2 coats. I am struggling for words on how to describe the formula, with only 'a bit odd' coming to mind! The brush was very big (a bit too big for some of my nails) so I found applying the first coat very tricky. The result after 1 coat left me quite shocked but another made it even and a lot better. Finished with a topcoat.


I didn't time how long it took to take the polish to dry, although it was pretty fast!


Overall, I thought this polish was okay, but it isn't one that I can't wait to wear again. I thought the colour was pretty, however I do not think it really suits me - despite loving wearing dark polishes! I prefer plain colours rather than shimmer/pearlescent effects, so this didn't really tick my boxes unfortunately!

No comments:

Post a Comment