Friday 21 September 2012

Dripping Paint

Here is a technique I have wanted to try for a long time - the dripping paint technique! I got a bit sidetracked doing an essay, and started looking at my nail polishes... Hence, a little bit of nail art!! So, after a couple minutes break, I was typing away again with newly polished nails, extremely satisfied with my result.


This is Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? over Mermaid's Tears, both OPI. You can see Mermaid's Tears on it's own on the post before this one! Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? is a lovely colour - a cross between a grey and a cream? The description 'dusty/dirty cream' springs to mind? Sorry, my mind has gone blank with ways to describe this!!


Originally I was only going to do the dripping effect on my ring fingers as accent nails, therefore doing two coats of the grey/cream.


But, when I saw the result of my two ring fingers and realised it was so quick and easy to do, I couldn't help myself and painted the rest of my fingers! I only used one coat for the rest of my fingers.


To create the effect I simply wiped off the nail varnish inside the bottle and then turned the OPI brush on it's side - picking up some of the polish running down inside and created 3 or 4 lines on my nail - just going over halfway on some lines. I tried to do a variety of line lengths to create the paint dripping effect. I then filled in the gaps and sealed with a topcoat - Ta dahh!


I will definitely do this technique again - I love it - I had quite a few compliments today too!! I will also like to experiment this with different base colours and also alternate the colours; dripping from the top of the nail and dripping from the base.

Hope you like this quick and easy design!

2 comments:

  1. MY mum would love the creamy one, me on the other hand i love that blue!reminds me of a duck egg colour!

    Gorgeous

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jazz! Both of these polishes are lovely to work with, Mermaid's Tears isn't what I'd normally go for but after seeing online and on other blogs I wanted to try it - I'm so happy with it!! :-)

      Delete